Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 14 servings
what you’ll need:
¾ cup vegan butter spread, softened (1 ½ sticks)
1 ¼ cup brown sugar
1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
¾ cup ground flaxseed
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 ½ cups gluten free rolled oats 1 package Tofurky® Original Soy Tempeh
how to make:
1. Preheat oven 350˚F. Lightly grease two large baking sheets or line with parchment.
2. In a food processor, grind tempeh until it’s the texture of fine couscous.
3. Using a handheld or stand mixer, beat butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 6-7 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together flax, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Stir in oats. Add to the butter mixture and beat just until combined. Beat in the ground tempeh. If desired, fold in ½ cup raisins, cranberries, or vegan chocolate chips.
5. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of batter per cookie and place onto prepared baking sheets, spacing about 2” apart. Bake until golden brown but still soft in the center, about 14-16 minutes. Allow to cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Check us out on Pinterest for more!