Spicy Tempeh Wings
what you’ll need:
2 packages TofurkyⓇ Organic 5-Grain Tempeh
2 tablespoons preferred vegetable oil
½ cup Buffalo-style hot sauce
4 tablespoons vegan butter
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
Vegan blue cheese dressing
how to make:
- Preheat the oven to 425℉.
- Cut each block of tempeh crosswise into 5 wide strips. Place in a steamer basket in a pot with 1” water in the bottom. Bring to a boil, cover, and steam for 10 minutes. Transfer the hot tempeh to a large bowl and toss with oil.
- Lay out tempeh in a single layer on a large baking sheet and roast until browned, about 15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan combine hot sauce, vegan butter, vinegar, and garlic. Bring to a bare simmer, then take off the heat.
- In a large bowl toss the hot tempeh with the hot sauce mixture to coat.
- Transfer tempeh wings to a platter and serve with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing.