grow with us
Work with us to create and deliver animal-friendly food to people around the world. Take part in leaving a better planet for future generations. Inspired? Let's chat.
We’d love to work with you.We’ll just need to find the right opening for your awesome skills. If you don’t see a job listing below that matches what you bring to the table, please drop your resume and cover letter to HR@tofurky.com and stay in touch.
Director of Maintenance
In this role you will manage equipment engineering activities in our manufacturing environment. Help design, develop and implement system improvement projects to ensure all policies and procedures support ongoing and reliable operations.
The Tofurky Company (a leading manufacturer of meat alternatives) is seeking a highly skilled technical professional to manage our growing maintenance department. In this role you will manage equipment engineering activities in our manufacturing environment. Help design, develop and implement system improvement projects to ensure all policies and procedures support ongoing and reliable operations.
Our stable and growing company is located in beautiful, Hood River, OR with our newest facility built to LEED platinum specifications. In this setting your skills and vision will be employed to improve and grow the capabilities of multiple manufacturing facilities. This includes our state of the art processing facility on the waterfront, as well as, our iconic downtown plant. We welcome new ideas and opportunities to improve company-wide.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee and develop all maintenance operations cooperatively with management.
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
- Give input into developing the budget and provide guidance to maintenance personnel to operate within the parameters of the departmental budget through competitive pricing with vendors, parts and supplies and staff time management.
- Assist with planning and execution of building construction or renovation.
- Maintain a team of dedicated and skilled service technicians by providing the required leadership, training and guidance; ensuring that maintenance area of responsibility pro-actively supports all plant goals including safety, food safety, quality, and productivity.
- Develops and maintains preventative maintenance program including scheduling of service or repair work for each piece of equipment. Regularly measures effectiveness of program by a continuous reduction in plant mechanical downtime year after year.
- Recommend and implement process improvement initiatives to increase operation effectiveness and efficiencies and maintain equipment reliability.
- Monitors Maintenance personnel’s adherence to safety rules, including following lockout/tag out procedures during repair, adjustments and servicing of equipment and seeks ways to continuously improve safety awareness and accountability.
What skills and education you’ll need:
- Previous experience in a supervisory or leadership capacity in maintenance required.
- Must have previous experience working in a manufacturing environment, preference given to those with experience managing facilities with 24-hour staff coverage.
- Food safety experience is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
What we’ll do:
We know you’re valuable and we’ll work hard to keep you challenged. The qualified candidate will receive:
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
- 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, 80% employer paid dental benefits.
- Auto-enrollment in Tofurky profit sharing program and eligibility for 401K contribution + match.
- Employer paid Term Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Company paid time off including holidays.
How to apply:
Please submit resume (and cover letter) to HR@tofurky.com. Please reference “Maintenance Director” in the subject line.
The Tofurky Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship disability status or otherwise qualified membership in any other class protected by applicable law.