Tofurky Holiday Roast With Bacon Crumble
Everything’s better with vegan bacon, even Thanksgiving! In this show-stopping vegan main dish, Tofurky Tempeh Bacon is cooked until crisp and served as a flavorful topping for the Tofurky Roast. Prepare yourself: you’re going to want seconds of this holiday roast with bacon crumble.
what you’ll need:
1 pound golden or red beets, quartered
1 pound Brussels sprouts
1 red onion, cut into large chunks
5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 TofurkyⓇ Veggie Roast, thawed
½ package TofurkyⓇ Smoky Maple Bacon Tempeh
¼ cup sourdough bread crumbs
2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
¼ cup finely chopped pitted dates
¼ cup dried cranberries
2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
how to make:
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- In a Dutch oven or deep baking dish with a lid, toss together beets, Brussels sprouts, onion, 2 tablespoons oil, salt, and pepper. Place roast on top of vegetables and brush with 1 tablespoon oil. Cover and bake 1 hour 15 minutes.
- While roast bakes, in a food processor or with a knife, pulse or chop bacon until ground into coarse crumbles.
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium. Add tempeh and cook, stirring, until browned and crisp, about 8 minutes. Add breadcrumbs and sage and cook until crumbs begin to brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in dates, cranberries, and 1 tablespoon maple syrup and remove from heat.
- Uncover roast and brush with 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Bake 10 minutes more.
- Slice roast and serve topped with crumble.