Sausage and Apple French Toast
Makes 6 servings
what you’ll need:
8 slices of sourdough bread, cut into 1” squares
2 apples, cored and chopped
2 cups unsweetened, non-dairy milk
⅔ cup rolled oats, divided
5 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon, divided
2 tablespoons cold Earth Balance Butter Spread, cut into small cubes
1 package Tofurky® Chick’n and Apple Sausages, cut on a bias into ¼” slices
how to make:
1. Lightly grease a 9×13 casserole dish.
2. In a large bowl, combine bread, sausage, and apples.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, ⅓ cup oats, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Pour over bread mixture and thoroughly combine. Transfer to prepared casserole dish, and gently press down to soak all bread. Refrigerate for an hour or overnight.
4. In a small bowl, combine ⅓ cup oats, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, cold butter spread, and ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Using your fingertips, squeeze ingredients together until it makes a crumble topping, then evenly distribute over casserole just before baking.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 375˚F for 45-50 minutes until golden brown.
For more recipes like this one check out our Pinterest page!