Mexican Street Corn Dogs
The only thing that screams “summer!” more than corn on the cob is corn tossed with lime juice, jalapeño peppers, and chili powder and served on a grilled Tofurky hot dog. These Mexican Street Corn Dogs are a creative twist on a Summertime staple!
PS – You might also think about serving these with corn tortillas instead of buns–just don’t call it a taco.
what you’ll need:
3 ears corn
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 jalapeño pepper, minced
2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise (Such as Follow Your Heart)
½ cup vegan cheese crumbles
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon lime juice
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
1 package Tofurky Hot Dogs
5 hot dog buns
Cilantro and sliced jalapeños, for garnish
how to make:
- Prepare a hot grill fire or heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush corn with oil and grill, turning occasionally, until charred on all sides. Transfer to a cutting board and cut corn from the cob.
- In a medium bowl, toss corn with jalapeño, mayonnaise, cheese crumbles, chili powder, lime juice, and salt.
- Grill hot dogs and place in buns.
- Top with corn salad, cilantro, and jalapeños.