Hawaiian Hemp Burger Bowl
Okay, so maybe that dream vacation to Hawaii isn’t happening any time soon, but you can still send your taste buds on a flavor trip. Just cook up this easy, zingy hemp burger bowl topped with grilled pineapple and a salty-sweet teriyaki sauce to experience a little bit of paradise in your backyard.
what you’ll need:
1 cup short grain white rice
⅓ cup soy sauce or tamari
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 package Tofurky® Hearty Hemp Burgers
3 fresh pineapple rings or spears cut from one pineapple
2 tablespoons preferred vegetable oil, divided
3 green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
how to make:
1. In a medium saucepan, add rice and 1 ¼ cups water. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to steam 10 minutes.
2. While rice cooks, prepare a hot grill fire or heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
3. In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, and garlic. Set aside.
4. Brush burgers and pineapple with oil. Grill, flipping once, until charred on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
5. Divide rice between 3 bowls. Cut burgers into strips and pineapple into chunks. Divide burgers, pineapple, green onion, and sesame seeds between bowls and drizzle with soy sauce mixture.