Chorizo and Sweet Potato Enchiladas
This is a perfect family-friendly dish for a weeknight dinner. You can even make this ahead of time and bake it when you need it. Just cover it tightly with plastic wrap, and pop it in the oven when you’re ready to eat.
what you’ll need:
1 medium sweet potato, cut into ½” cubes
1 (19 ounce) can enchilada sauce
12 (6”) corn tortillas
1 package Tofurky® Chorizo
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
4 green onions, chopped
4 ounces shredded vegan cheddar
Chopped cilantro, for serving
how to make:
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F. Have ready a 9×13” baking dish.
2. In a steamer basket, add sweet potatoes and steam just until tender, about 7-9 minutes.
3. In a medium skillet, heat enchilada sauce until just warmed through. Using tongs, dip a tortilla into the sauce to coat, allowing excess to drip off, and transfer to a plate.
4. Top with chorizo, sweet potato, chiles, and green onion. Roll tightly and place in baking dish, seam side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
5. Top enchiladas with remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until warmed through and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro to serve.