Equality & Security
The Tofurky Company is committed to promoting gender equity and eliminating sexual harassment and gender discrimination in the workplace and in the greater animal protection movement / non-profit sector. As such, the following criteria will be considered when evaluating non-profit organizations and/or programs for monetary donations and donations of goods and services:
- The organization must have a formal written sexual harassment / gender discrimination policy in place, introduced by the Board and executive leadership to the entire staff, and followed closely by the executive leadership.
- The anti-harassment / discrimination policy should include mandatory reporting of incidents through all levels of management up to and including the entire Board.
- All harassment / discrimination complaints must be treated seriously, kept as confidential as possible, and investigated fully.
- The anti-harassment / discrimination policy should expressly protect whistleblowers and forbid any retaliation against employees for reporting sexual harassment.
- The organization must provide education and regular, ongoing training about sexual harassment and gender discrimination in the workplace and the organization’s anti-harassment / discrimination policy. All managers and executive leadership will be required to follow the trainings closely, lead by example, and not disparage or joke about any of the policies or trainings.
- The practice of mixed genders and/or sexual orientations sharing bedrooms during business travel will not be expected nor required.
- The organization will be asked to provide the following information:
- A copy of the written sexual harassment / gender discrimination policy.
- A copy of the business travel policy.
- Detailed description of education and training materials, resources and schedule / practices.
- The ratio of self-identified men to self-identified women/non-binary persons in the organization.
- The ratio of self-identified men to self-identified women/non-binary persons in management roles.
- The ratio of self-identified men to self-identified women/non-binary persons on the Board.
- The number of sexual harassment / gender discrimination complaints received each year in the past five years.
- The percent of sexual harassment / gender discrimination complaints that resulted in disciplinary action.
- The number of individuals in management roles, on the organization’s Board, or on any advisory council or similar entity who have been charged with any type of sexual or gender-related harassment or crime.
If you would like to download the most recent copy of this policy, please find it here.